In order to process your application to adopt or foster an animal in need, French Riviera Animals - FRA - need to collect and process data about you. This includes things like your email address, your phone number and your home address etc.
You may already have heard about the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) which are EU regulations in place to protect those who give their data to companies, charities and other organisations.
We have set out below how FRA protects the data we hold about you and how you can request details of the data we hold and how you can request it is deleted.
In November 2021, FRA moved to holding all data relating to adoptions and fostering electronically.
Our GDPR policy
- Under Article 6 of GDPR - Lawfulness of Processing – FRA retains data where the following applies –
a. the data subject has given consent to the processing of his or her personal data for one or more specific purposes;
b. processing is necessary for the performance of a contract to which the data subject is party or in order to take steps at the request of the data subject prior to entering into a contract
- The data we hold includes but is not limited to-
Names, addresses, email address, telephone numbers
- The data will be held on the French Riviera Animal Google Drive (GD). Access will be restricted to FRA committee members and in the event of a change of committee member (i.e. a committee member leaves) passwords will be changed. The FRA GD has a 2 step verification process to further restrict access.
- The data will not be shared with 3rd parties
- If you would like to know what data we hold on you, or you would like us to delete any data we hold, please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will respond within 10 working days.